Sunday, September 5, 2010

Favourite Short Story From Our Unit

In this short story unit, I like all three of the short story that we have discussed. But for my favorite, I would choose "The Sniper". I love the way the author, O'Flaherty describe the theme through the end with the sniper killed his own brother. It shows how Civil War splits up family, brother against brother. Although, I do not like guns and violence but the story was really touched. The conflict between the two snipers was really tensional. Before I read the story, I had no interested in Civil War but after read "The Sniper" I got more curious. I was impressed of the sniper's plan to help him sneak out of the roof and kill the other sniper.

1 comment:

  1. Before I read this story I didn't give much thought to Civil Wars either, but was suprised to learn I had lived in Sudan during the time of the civil war (they also blamed the oil company my father worked for on the war), even though I don't like Wars you get the point across and give people a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete